Written by Furusiyya
Scott Brash (GBR) has been judged as the winner of the Furusiyya Rider of the Day award at The Dublin Horse Show.
Brash, riding Hello Sanctos, was last to go for Great Britain, but held his nerve under huge pressure and rode two brilliant clear rounds, helping Great Britain win the Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup™ Jumping in Dublin and also qualify for the Finals in Barcelona in September.
The Furusiyya Rider of the Day award is presented to the horse & rider combination that is judged to have best displayed qualities such as harmony, partnership, balance and skill throughout their two rounds; values represented and embodied by Furusiyya. The award was judged by Lt. Col. Gerry Mullins from The Dublin Horse Show.
- At the 2012 FEI General Assembly in Istanbul, it was announced that Furusiyya would become sponsor of the FEI Nations Cup™ until 2016.
- "Furusiyya" is a single Arabic word and conveys so much, embracing the idea of horsemanship, chivalry, and equestrian knowledge in general. The term is a derivation of faris, or horseman and faras, a horse.
- The new structure of the Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup™ Jumping has come about through intense consultation between the Saudi Equestrian Fund and the FEI with the sport's stakeholders around the world.
- 39 countries have signed up to take part in the 2013 Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup™ Jumping and 21 Nations will host qualifiers.
- The Saudi Equestrian Fund was created by HM King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz by Royal Decree in November 2009 to give the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia a lasting legacy in equestrianism through sport and cultural events.
- The Saudi Equestrian Fund supports the Kingdom's national show jumping team, Saudi Equestrian, which won a team bronze medal at the London 2012 Olympic Games.
- The Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup™ Jumping is now a genuinely international competition which gives all nations – whether from developed or developing countries – the opportunity to compete on a level playing field and qualify for a highly prestigious Final.
- The Final of the Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup™ Jumping will be staged at the Real Club de Polo in Barcelona, Spain from 26-29 September 2013.